FRIENDS RALLY TO AID OF FIRE VICTIM
(For those of you who do not recognize the name Carol Jordan, she is the former Carol Ovitt, daughter of Bob and Gloria Ovitt)
FAIRFAX - A woman whose home was destroyed in a fire here on Friday recently underwent surgery and had no renter's insurance. Friends now are rallying to help her with a fundraising drive. Collection boxes will be located in downtown businesses and in the lobby of the Union Bank branch office to assist Carol Jordan who lost all of her possessions in a trailer home fire. Donations of any kind are welcome. Those organizing the effort said that Jordan was in the hospital last week for surgery. Fire officials said the blaze probably was ignited by hot grease on a stove. Anyone with any questions about the effort is asked to call Lee Denizot, 849-6469.