STUDENT INPUT AT THE FAIRFAX STRATEGIC PLANNING FORUM HELD ON FEBRUARY 13, 2003
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS/ACTIVITIES THAT THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION SHOULD START?
1. Juniors & Seniors should be allowed to leave the lunch room.
2. More extra-curricular activities.
3. Variety of learning methods (Outside Learning Experiences).
4. More world education (Politics, Culture) - Less Local
5. Allowed to socialize during work block.
6. Broaden foreign language programs.
7. Principals interacting with students - not just sitting in back of room.
8. Job shadowing opportunities for everyone.
9. Develop real world skills.
10. Bring community into school.
11. Require students to have community involvement.
12. Separate college bound kids from work bound kids.
13. Have high school meetings/activities (weekly).
14. Create community within the school.
15. Increase diversity options.
16. Funding for foreign exchange opportunities.
17. Better English foundation in Middle School.
18. Environment conducive to learning.
19. Religion classes.
Henry A. Raymond
February 24, 2003